Any good BAss teachers in the Mass/Boston area

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Tajue17, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Tajue17

Tajue17

I'm from the south shore of Massachusetts, havent played in awhile, no band so I figure I'd go back to lessons. who has the best rep though I don't want to go to learn songs. thanks T

2. cjp3044

cjp3044

Disclosures:
    Part time guitar and amp tech at the Tone Shop
    My instructor just moved back to that area - he is in Haverhill. Really laid back, Berklee grad from 30 something years ago. I really like his teaching style. I learned more about theory from him in 2 months than I did in 2 semesters of college. PM me and I'll give you his contact info.

3. davidhilton

davidhilton Supporting Member

Dude! Berklee College of Music is in Boston...u have a million great bass teachers in the Boston area!

4. Tajue17

Tajue17

don't you need to already know alot about bass playing before you go there? I'm self taught so I'm sure there is a minimum knowledge requirement before heading to berklee.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

He's not suggesting that you go to Berklee. He's saying that there are lots of very good teachers in the area b/c of Berklee. Go over there and either see if one of the teachers will agree to give you lessons or check out the message boards and see if one of the advanced students is teaching on the side.

7. Tajue17

Tajue17

I'll try to find the message boards and go from there thanks.

8. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

There's a Berklee forum on here (just scroll down). You can ask the profs there and they may have some suggestions for you.

9. lexington125

lexington125

you don't mention what style of music you are into? If you are into the blues, 60s soul / r&b or even loud/heavy blues-rock, you might want to track down Brad Hallen. (resume a mile long AND a good teacher)