Any good live recording aps for Android tablets?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Doug R, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Doug R

Doug R

I recently picked-up a 7" Android tablet (Nexus 7). It has a mic and basic recorder function, but seems to be aimed at personal voice recording and notetaking. I've also looked at some of the little portable digital recorders like the little stereo Zoom. So, my question:

Can anybody recommend a decent quality digital audio recorder app for Android tablets (not phones) suitable for recording live music?

I don't need a multi-track studio with mixing capability - I have all that already - just something with good audio quality to use at gigs to capture how the band sounds?

You'd think with all the built-in capability of these tablets (and 32 gigs of memory - more than my desktop!) that there would be something similar to what they're doing with those small digital recorders. I've heard the little mic can do pretty well for mp3-quality recording with a good recorder app. I'd like to hear what it can do with live music.

Even better would be the ability to clip, trim, edit and organize audio clips. Any experience or suggestions?