1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Any Improvisational/harmonic tutorial books you would recommend?

Discussion in 'Ask the Berklee Bass Department' started by madbassist12000, Feb 12, 2014.

1. madbassist12000

madbassist12000

I am a electric/upright bass player with 17 years experience but as of lately I have noticed that my playing as plateaued especially in my soloing. Are there any tutorials or practice regimes you would recommend that could offer new harmonic ideas?

Thanks
    Court
  2. Jbassrockboy

Jbassrockboy

The improvisers bass method by Sher
  3. Steve Bailey

Steve Bailey Supporting Member

Choose a solo from someone you like, transcribe, analyze, and learn it. Do that 5 times and u will see.....