1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Any info on the Fender 75 ri MIA jazz bass pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Spirit of Ox, Dec 12, 2012.

1. I put together a 70's style Jazz Bass and I'm considering theses pickups. There isn't any reviews on them anywhere. Anyone have any experiences with them?

2. Some other considerations are Tesla VRB1, Custom Shop 60s, Bartolini cab, and Dimarzio Model j

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Darren Low

Darren Low

Sep 28, 2012
    Australia
    Never tried them, but I've read that they're very very aggressive.

5. Yeah I heard they were too. That's kinda what I'm looking for as long as they aren't harsh or messy sounding like other hot aggressive pickups.

6. Fenderjazz75

Fenderjazz75

Sep 19, 2011
    Rhode Island
    I have a 2001 MIA fender 75 reissue with those pickups...I have played a million jazz gigs with them...I think they are fantastic. I don't know how they are for modern styles but for traditional jazz they are fantastic IMHO

jim

7. Gtripdub

Gtripdub

Jan 14, 2012
    nordstrand 70s wind..

8. I wouldnt say there harsh at all, but I do think they have a better upper mids then the the custom shop witch have better lower mids.

Its not realy a night and day difference, but I perfer them to the custom shop or the aero type 1 for that matter.

9. Mousekillaz

Mousekillaz

Nov 25, 2009
    Anacortes Wa.
    Old post I know, but hey.
    I installed a set in my 01 maple/ash Fender J.
    I love them. They got bite and snarl like you'd expect.