Any Instructors In Kansas City Missouri Area? Also, review on Scott Devine paid serv.

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Pfautz, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Pfautz

Pfautz

I don't currently have a lot of time to leave the house (after work or on days off) to make it to lessons so I am looking at some options. I am self learning at this point and spend about an hour and a half to two hours every morning working on that. I am making progress but I can see where a teacher would save me a lot on the "figuring out what I need to correct and what I need to do next". I am wondering if there are any bass instructors out there that are in the Kansas City Missouri area (I'm just east of Kansas City) that have a somewhat flexible schedule or areas to work me in.

Also given my situation. I know Scott Devine has great free lessons, but does anyone know about his SBL Insider Pro service. I believe the cost on it is around $140.00 a year. Any thoughts? All information, as always, is appreciated! Thank you!

2. scottie65

scottie65

I get the emails from Scott D. and his program looks pretty good but I still think the $140/year is a bit too much. It is no different than what Paul Wolfe does out of London except that Paul shows mainly how to play songs with additional theory and technique. I think Paul's site just went to $168/year. Too much for me. Just wait for a black Friday sale for these guys. I did see an advertisement by Dewayne Pate but have no idea how good his program is that sells on special at $77(6 DVDs) which he states will probably go to $140 after the introductory price. It is called Bass Zone Formula Lessons. Do a search on the internet for info. I am going to make a post to see if anyone on this forum has used or heard anything about this program. I am the same way trying to learn on my own and do not have time to be looking for a teacher in a small town that I figure does not have any better teachers than those on the internet and in many cases the ones on the internet are offering quiet a bit more. Hope this helps.

3. Romeiro87

Romeiro87

Scott's Bass Lessons Insider Pro !
    The price for a whole year is currently 60% off the original price, dropping it to about $50 for subscription...
    ONLY FOR THE NEXT 12 HOURS tho...
    I am new to Bass playing so I will try it out.