1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Any Instructors In Kansas City Missouri Area? Also, review on Scott Devine paid serv.

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Pfautz, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Pfautz

Pfautz

I don't currently have a lot of time to leave the house (after work or on days off) to make it to lessons so I am looking at some options. I am self learning at this point and spend about an hour and a half to two hours every morning working on that. I am making progress but I can see where a teacher would save me a lot on the "figuring out what I need to correct and what I need to do next". I am wondering if there are any bass instructors out there that are in the Kansas City Missouri area (I'm just east of Kansas City) that have a somewhat flexible schedule or areas to work me in.

Also given my situation. I know Scott Devine has great free lessons, but does anyone know about his SBL Insider Pro service. I believe the cost on it is around $140.00 a year. Any thoughts? All information, as always, is appreciated! Thank you!
  2. scottie65

scottie65

I get the emails from Scott D. and his program looks pretty good but I still think the $140/year is a bit too much. It is no different than what Paul Wolfe does out of London except that Paul shows mainly how to play songs with additional theory and technique. I think Paul's site just went to $168/year. Too much for me. Just wait for a black Friday sale for these guys. I did see an advertisement by Dewayne Pate but have no idea how good his program is that sells on special at $77(6 DVDs) which he states will probably go to $140 after the introductory price. It is called Bass Zone Formula Lessons. Do a search on the internet for info. I am going to make a post to see if anyone on this forum has used or heard anything about this program. I am the same way trying to learn on my own and do not have time to be looking for a teacher in a small town that I figure does not have any better teachers than those on the internet and in many cases the ones on the internet are offering quiet a bit more. Hope this helps.
  3. Romeiro87

Romeiro87

Scott's Bass Lessons Insider Pro !
    The price for a whole year is currently 60% off the original price, dropping it to about $50 for subscription...
    ONLY FOR THE NEXT 12 HOURS tho...
    I am new to Bass playing so I will try it out.