1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Any insulin pump users here?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrharrell, Jan 23, 2014.

1. mrharrell

mrharrell Supporting Member

Anyone here using a pump? Got any recommendations to someone that might be looking down that road?

My biggest concern is how it would affect daily activities.
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

3. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

I used I work in construction with a guy that used one. Didn't affect him in anyway.

lowsound
  4. mrharrell

I saw that article last night. Very interesting! There was an article a few years back on tattoo ink that could give a rough estimate of levels. I need to see if anything became of that. Not that I need an excuse for more ink... :)
  5. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

my brother used one for a couple of years. no trouble with the pump operation per se, but sometimes the needle would come loose at nights during sleep. that was a real issue. because of this, combined with his gastroparesis he decided to go back to multiple daily injections. i believe his example is an outlier, though, so unless you have similar symptoms as he, i would encourage you to try the pump.
  6. mrharrell

So does it get removed before sleeping? The thought of having something attached to me, via insertion is a little weird.