Any Long and McQuade Boxing Day Special Leaks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Strat Hater, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

Anyone know if L and M is having any bass stuff on sale this boxing week

Their last few sales have not been very bass friendly imho

2. saxman_singcan

saxman_singcan

Sub'd b/c I care. Bring on the shameless gear spree!

3. bobalu

bobalu

Hey Strat, I was just thinking the same thing today (being in my local L&M). They have been pushing the financing offers of 0 down, 0% etc..., but not much bass/amp specials as you've said. Usually the Yorkville/Traynor stuff gets discounted a bit.

4. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

I noticed my store has 3 different MIM Jazzes in stock. That is strange for them to give us that choice in such a small market they usually just have the black with rw. Makes me wonder. Also they have a SB P bass which they usually dont carry.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

7. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

Call them and ask. You'd be surprised at how much the right person will tell you.

8. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    I asked a good friend that works at L&M Oshawa and they don't seem to have info yet.

I may buy a new PA and monitors if I can get a good enough deal. Luckily I really do love Yorkville PA gear (very underrated IMO) and if any PA gear is on sale, Yorkville/Traynor will be it.

9. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

I am hoping the Traynor YBA300 goes on special some where.

10. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

I was in my local store today. They said they had no idea until Boxing day itself, then I saw all the tags printed on the counter!!

Soo they are not playing fair and disrespecting us who have major GAS pains...lol

11. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

Wow, not even strings this year!!

Here is the flyer.

SO the only thing us bass players get AGAIN is just from the used inventory!!

12. powmetalbassist

powmetalbassist Supporting Member

hmmm...looks pretty slim. I was in my local L&M today just looking around. Big store, but nothing really impressive or atleast nothing I would even be interested in except maybe a pair of used Peavey PA Speakers.

13. superHEAVYfunk

superHEAVYfunk

I've never been a fan of L&M. They've never had awesome selection, or much care for the low end, IMO. I'm not surprised that the boxing week sale sucks.

14. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

The Markham store will be offering these up for sale.

Rickenbaker 4003 (Fireglo) $1299 reg $1799

Ken Smith BSR5 (Maple/Walnut, Aguilar pre) $2299 reg $4675

Fbass BN5 (Ash, Rosewood) $1999 reg $3500

David Eden Navigator Preamp $399 reg $1099

Call the store to inquire if you're interested. Ask for Dan or Matt (Mgr. and Asst Mgr.) at 905-209-1177.

TD

15. jazzonlyjazz

jazzonlyjazz

Off-topic but what is about Strats that you hate, Strat-Hater? I personally like them but of course, given my taste in music, I'd much prefer the double humbuckers of a Les Paul

16. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

I have gone through this many times before. I dont hate Strats. I actually think the strat is my favorite six string. I just chose the name because it shows I am not a guitar player but a bass player. Also every fricken thing that I tried to come up with for a user name was taken, so when I saw strat hater was not, I grabbed it. But I guess it is really hard to change a screen name once you have chosen it. I have a fondness for the name Heavy T, but I dont think I can change it now!

17. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Supporting Member

Most L&Ms pay just enough attention to bass that they can say they have what you need. You'll seldom find anything out of the ordinary.

But.

2 weeks ago I had a client to see in Markham and popped into their location. At first you see no basses at all, assuming you'll find them in a little corner and while their bass room is not large, I was very surprised to see basses from Rickenbacher, Fodera, Ken Smith, a half dozen fretlesses and some other "not your typical Fender+Ibanez" bass inventory.

I never buy new anyways, so I seldom bother with music stores, but most will have their deals and used gear so I'll drop in when convenient, an d this was the best selection I've seen in a Canadian music store, though Steve's downtown has its ups and downs.

18. Crabby

Crabby

When L&M had their big store on Granville street in Vancouver, the entire basement was the bass department. They had an amazing selection back then. It was a gear lover's paradise most of the time and some great deals were always able to be had.

I find its pretty slim pickings these days. Boxing day/week can be a great time though to get a deal on used gear that's been sitting around awhile. I bought an EA CXL112 cab a few years ago for $199 on Boxing week.

19. bassboysam

bassboysam

these go on sale on boxing day?

20. Roland GR 88

Roland GR 88 Supporting Member

The link is up on the website for the specials ....... not a whole lot I'm afraid. They tend to transfer gear (mostly used) from store to store for these specials so if something sat in Brampton for 6 mos. it will show up at Bloor for the sale and vice-versa. It's really all about getting people signed up to accounts with 0% down and 0% interest. The really good deals go to those that line up early and are gone in the first 1/2 hour IME.

21. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Yes at the Markham store only.

You can check what each store is offering by going to any of the stores Facebook page. Each store is posting their own specials for every dept.

Simply go to FB then search Long and McQuade followed by the Store location.

TD