Any love for ESP/LTD basses???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by astrobass63, Nov 26, 2013.

1. astrobass63

astrobass63

I just put a LTD 4 string B-414 SM on layaway and I was wondering if anyone of you play a ESP/LTD bass?:bassist:

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Yep! Love my B205SM fretless!

[​IMG]

3. rtav

rtav Millionaire Stuntman, Half-Jackalope Supporting Member

LOVE my B206-SM and B336-SR... great basses, great tone, great playability! They give me such a great tone (esp. the B-336SR with EMG's), from massive lows to (what I and my drummer call) clear "snobby jazz fusion articulate mids"; I absolutely LOVE my ESP LTD 6's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. songwriter21

songwriter21 Bassist for Chris Higbee Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Sponsored by Gallien-Krueger
    I've had a number of them, and while the construction was nice (especially the LTD Deluxe), I don't think the EMG setups hold a candle to the fullness of Bartolini. If they'd switch to Barts, MAN, they'd be KILLER!

Though, I did have a B-204 a long time ago, that sounded awesome, and was VERY resonant. Who knows if I'd like it now, considering that I really didn't know how to eq back then....

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

I had the esp ltd 214 fretless PJ. I liked it better than any MIM fender I've played. Outstanding bass for the money.

7. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

My first bass was an LTD F-204 (sorry no pictures, but imagine an LTD F in sparkling silver, I kid you not), now tuned to BEAD. It's my backup if I need a lower range extension, but I've gotten lots of compliments on my tone when playing it. It delivers THE RUMBLE. Big compliments were never given with my Fender P even though it's my #1 :(

LTD are great for the money, looking back I can't say I would have ever needed anything else (an insight that dawns on people way too late generally haha). A passive/active switch built into the electronics maybe, but that's it. Very versatile axes.

8. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Gold Supporting Member

I had a sunburst B304 years ago, sold it to a friend and I have been trying to get it back ever since. Amazing playing neck thru bass.

9. Warhawk

Warhawk

I have a B-414SM and it's a great bass. Don't think you'll be disappointed!

10. pica

pica

I played one in a guitar store. Amazing bass. Don't know why they're not more popular.

11. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

The Surveyor 400 and 405 are sleepers. The EMG elecs are excellent. The coil tap switch for the bridge pup is a nice bonus, too.