1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

any love for fender 8250?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by FunkRenegade, Nov 24, 2012.

1. FunkRenegade

FunkRenegade

American precision through ampeg vst. Sounds pretty good to my ears.:cool:
  2. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

I loved the old 8250s, haven't tried the new ones. For some reason fender rounds don't seem to get a lot of love. Most think they are made by daddario so you'd think they'd be at least as good.
  3. phillybass101

phillybass101 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars
    I think that's what came on my Geddy Lee. They are not bad strings and sound decent. I loveit eveytime I slap that E string. When I change strings however it will be a set of DR High Beams. But there is nothing wrong with the 8250's
  4. Catbuster

Catbuster

Fantastic Drop D nickels with the .110 E. Did I mention they sound pretty good, too?
  5. Root 5

Root 5

I think Fender strings are just fine; nothing wrong with them. You have to work very hard to not be able to buy a good set of strings today.
  6. FunkRenegade

FunkRenegade

I just wanted to try them out to compare with pre-dadario fender strings. They took a while to break in for rounds, but all in all, I don't notice too much difference in sound and feel. I do miss the nice silk wrapped ends tho.