1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Any more chemistry-teaching bassists out there?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassyBill, Dec 26, 2013.

1. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

Media:
    If so, hi. :)

Over the years I've created a lot of resources for teaching chemistry and thought I'd share some of them here, if anybody is going to find them useful, worthy of comment or maybe offer suggestions for improvements.

Here's my first example. It's a vector pic (enhanced metafile format) showing how the position of elements on the Periodic Table relates directly to their (simplified) electronic configuration. This is an idea kids often find tricky to grasp, in my experience, and putting the pics of atoms directly into the right boxes helps them see the link more easily.

The pic includes the first twenty elements, but doesn't go on into the d-block. It's grainy when initially displayed shrunk down to fit onto the screen, but I think most browsers will display it clearly full size when you click on the link and then directly on the image.

http://www.billygreen.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/PerTab.emf

[​IMG]

2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

Media: