Any of you experiencing odd issues with SoundCloud?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ukiah Bass, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

I've been getting odd errors today with SoundCloud. I uploaded 10 files into a pre-defined playlist. When I click on individual sound files to copy the share/embed codes for a Wordpress blog, I'm getting duplicate files with the embed share code even though the uploaded file names are different.

I've uploaded this set three different times and am still getting these random errors.

I have to confess I'm TOTALLY dis-impressed with the quality of this service. I tried uploading WAV files a few times and the uploads aborted. I reverted to smaller MP3s and had better results, but this file naming issue is totally unacceptable.

Any of you experienced this kind of imprecision? Is it an issue they're having just today, or do these types of random errors occur all the time? I'm using the free account for now but won't pay them money if the service is this buggy.

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

I have these issues since they converted to the new interface. Using the old uploader is much safer

3. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Nope, not beyond aborted uploads fairly often. I've uploaded both WAVs and AACs with no problem when I want to provide a higher quality download option. I typically change the file names after upload anyway, and can't recall them reverting to anything else than what I've named them. I actually prefer just streaming via my website's server, but I get quite few a hits off my SoundCloud link in my sig, approaching 10K hits in the two years or so just from TB listeners.

4. Milk

Milk

I never could use soundcloud. The second time i tried to log in, my password didnt work. I only ever use one password online so its not like i got it wrong. Anyway i tried to have it sent to my email to be sure. Never got anything. I tried and tried. No mail. So i contacted their customer service. Someone said they were sending me a password reset email. Never got anything. Wrote them again, they sent it to three different email adresses i have that i gave them. Never got anything. Told them to delete my account. They tried sending me password reset emails again instead to all my emails. Never got any. Told them again to delete my account. Haven't checked since. Needless to say, i don't think i want to have a soundcloud at this point. It's obviously ****.

oh yeah and half the time it doesn't work with my browsers whether it's chromium or IE. Like the songs won't load. I don't get why it's so popular.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

This turned out to be the solution - thanks! However it was a pain having to upload 10 files one-by-one instead of using the bulk uploader.

On the plus side, SoundCloud allows display of the linked music sample within the post instead of launching a separate window to play the MP3 or WAV file. This is quite a convenience for the user, as you can see in my sample post below.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f43/zoom-h6-studio-quality-live-performance-recordings-1017560/#13