1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Any play through a Carvin B215M Cab

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by shawshank72, Feb 4, 2014.

1. shawshank72

shawshank72

Its a 2x15 cab. How did it sound?
    Wattage and specs?

2. shawshank72

shawshank72

3. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Must be an old one cuz I never heard of it. :p

4. shawshank72

shawshank72

Thanks so much.
    Hey!
    Im old and people have heard of me lol

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

I'm old too!! My band plays the Kinks, Bob Seger and Cat Stevens!!

;)

7. shawshank72

shawshank72

8. Steve Dallman

Steve Dallman Supporting Member

I had a huge Carvin folded horn 2X15 in 1975 that used two 15" CTS speakers. I believe they were rated as 130 watt speakers. I tried a pair of EVSRO 15's in that cabinet but the CTS sounded far better.

By the time the B15m came out, the CTS speakers used in the 70's were gone. The M may stand for "MagnaLab" speakers which were either CTS or Eminence. They looked different, with solid aluminum dust caps instead of the vented aluminum of the earlier CTS.

They were pretty good speakers for the day, on a par with what PV used early on (pre Black Widow.) I used an old PV with the square magnet speakers with my GK1001RB for a few gigs a few years ago, and the speakers sounded and performed great. I usually used EV or Black Widow cabinets with that amp. There is a character to those old CTS and Eminence speakers that I rather like.