Any recent aftermarket Plek reports?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by kurosawa, Nov 4, 2012.

1. kurosawa

kurosawa Supporting Member

After reading all I could, I decided to get The One Plek'd. I like the idea of more relief at the bass side of the fretboard 'cause I have unbalanced strings (JF344) and there's way more excursion the lower I go, especially on the A string (I hope to ask for a little more relief there than on any other string).

Also I have erosion on the lower frets, so that would need to be taken care of anyway. Not bad enough for replacement. I've leveled my own frets and cut nuts in the past, no biggie, but this is a chance (maybe) to alleviate a longstanding TI problem.

So if you've recently had an aftermarket Pleking of your axe, please say what shop did it and how you liked their responsiveness to your individual needs, their timeliness, and quality of work. Thanks in advance!

2. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

I had my 1960 Fender Precision bass refretted and plek'd by Mike Lull about a year and a half ago.

It was expensive, but I figured it would be worth it for this bass, which has been in my family since it was new.

Their customer service, as expected at that price point, was second to none. They also had a very fast turnaround time... I had the bass back in a little more than a week. I think Mike said the actual work took place in one day.

FWIW, I could not be happier with the results... the bass plays like new. Action is prefect.

3. jeffbonny

jeffbonny Gold Supporting Member

I haven't decided to go for it yet but talking to Mike Lull he said since I was coming down from Vancouver (3hrs north) they could set up an appointment and do the work in a day.