1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

any semi acoustic 5 string bases out there?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rodda55, Nov 25, 2012.

1. rodda55

rodda55

Sep 13, 2012
    Hi all, I am looking to buy a new bass and having trouble finding something that will fit my needs. I am keen for a 5 string as it will give me more options for chords in the upper register (tuned with a high c), however I also really like the tone from a semi acoustic when soloing. Does anybody have any ideas of what brands might make such a bass? I am located in Australia so the range at local stores is not as big as in the USA. Thanks

2. khutch

khutch Praise Harp Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    The Godin A5 and A5 Ultra might fit your needs. I don't know if you could find any in Australia to try. I've never seen one here for that matter but I have played the Acoustibass predecessor model and it was very nice even though someone had replaced the Godin neck (which Godin fans say is to die for!) with a Mighty Mite fretless neck.

Ken

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. rodda55

rodda55

Sep 13, 2012
    Thanks Ken I will check them out. I also noticed Warwick have a couple of options available according to another thread. Its just a pain to have nothing to play in a store before ordering!

5. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
  6. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens