1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

any semi acoustic 5 string bases out there?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rodda55, Nov 25, 2012.

1. rodda55

rodda55

Hi all, I am looking to buy a new bass and having trouble finding something that will fit my needs. I am keen for a 5 string as it will give me more options for chords in the upper register (tuned with a high c), however I also really like the tone from a semi acoustic when soloing. Does anybody have any ideas of what brands might make such a bass? I am located in Australia so the range at local stores is not as big as in the USA. Thanks
  2. khutch

khutch Praise Harp Supporting Member

The Godin A5 and A5 Ultra might fit your needs. I don't know if you could find any in Australia to try. I've never seen one here for that matter but I have played the Acoustibass predecessor model and it was very nice even though someone had replaced the Godin neck (which Godin fans say is to die for!) with a Mighty Mite fretless neck.

Ken
  3. rodda55

rodda55

Thanks Ken I will check them out. I also noticed Warwick have a couple of options available according to another thread. Its just a pain to have nothing to play in a store before ordering!
  4. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

5. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

Carvin AC50/AC50F