1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Any Starfire owners with a tape measure?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JoeWPgh, Feb 9, 2014.

1. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

I have a pr of Curtis Novac's wonderful Bisonic recreations, and I'm thinking to use them on a solid body 34" bass. I'm thinking it would be interesting to voice this bass ala the classic Starfire and position the pickups as such. So I'm looking for a couple measurements, if anyone can provide them.
    I've read conflicting reports of the SF's scale. I have seen 30" 30.25" and 30.5". A confirmation of one of these numbers would help. Also I'd like to know the distance from the 12th fret to the center poles of the SF's 3 pickup locations (the single bridge pickup is positioned differently than the dual pick up, bridge pickup.) Thanks in advance
    JoeW
  2. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Starfires are 30.75" scale. I no longer own one, so I can't give you the other measurements.