1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

any stores with decent selection in MA?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by threshar, Jan 7, 2014.

1. threshar

threshar

Looking to add to my family and I really do not want to buy without playing and I'm having trouble finding places that have a non pathetic bass department.

guitar center is a joke (the bass dept before they moved to landsdown st was great, but since the move it has been rather sad when I've gone. Nashua's is even worse).

Tewksbury music has a few ric's but those aren't my thing

the place in harvard sq doesn't seem to have much (although they do have some vintage fenders).

in a nutshell, I want bass central to relocate to an area convenient to me.

Found a place with a lot of stuff in NJ (http://www.newjerseyguitarandbasscenter.com/Basses.htm), which if I find myself in that neck of the woods i'll check out. but I'm not driving 5 hours :)

anybody know of any other places to check out? (the GTG's were also good for this)

2. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi

I'm on the Cape and I agree. Sadly, the best place "locally" for high end basses is gone (G Guitars, New Haven, CT). Check out Matt's Music in Weymouth, he is a guitar player but knowledgeable. I bought my first Modulus there...
    For internet, check out Greg at Rocket Music (Rocketmusic.com), they are based in Blacksburgh, VA. PM me for other thoughts, etc.. if you wish.