1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Any thoughts on how the DP146 sounds vs the Model P for slapping?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Makatak, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Makatak

Makatak

I picked up this question on an old post with no reply . Both these sets are available locally and would like some opinions as to which one to go for . Id like a less harsh , more scoopy tone if that helps . Thanks in advance
  2. Makatak

Makatak

Bump , anyone ?
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Neither are the pickup to get if you're looking for more scoop. The Model P is less bright and more low-middy, and I never used a Will Power but the description sounds very similar to the Model P. I love the Model P, but wrong tool for this job. You want a P pickup that can do a good scoopy tone, go active and get an EMG P or PX. PX is a lot brighter than the P but both will do scoop quite well.