1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

Any Vaccaro Xray owners?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RonSound, Jan 5, 2009.

1. RonSound

RonSound Proud Registered Supporter of Talkbass Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 24, 2008
    Disclosures:
    owner: RonSound effects and repairs
    I'm putting together a Vaccaro Xray bass from parts and need to find someone who can take pics/provide info on the wiring they used. I'm kind of weird about these things when I put together instruments from parts so any help would be appreciated.

2. squeek

squeek

Nov 24, 2008
    I own a Hartke XL-4 which is identical to the X-Ray. All the electronics are EMG-PJ actives, two volume pots one concentric bass/treb, 9Volt. You can get wiring diagram of the EMG website. They also used Seymour Duncan Baselines, same thing.

I'm doing some maintenance on my bass this weekend, so If I get that far I'll take some pix.

3. RonSound

RonSound Proud Registered Supporter of Talkbass Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 24, 2008
    Disclosures:
  4. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass

Jun 3, 2009
    The Real Jersey Shore
    Disclosures:
    F CLEF LLC, Music Industry Consulting and Sales
    Ron,

Just received a New/Old Stock X-Ray. Never played. Red sparkle. I will take some pics and send them to you on the electronics if you need it.

Yes, they are passive Duncans. Two volume, one tone.

tom

5. Sponsored by:

6. RonSound

Dec 24, 2008
    Disclosures:
    Pics would still be sweet! Thanks, Tom!

7. Hey EH Man, where did you get the parts? My buddy has an X Ray with a broken neck (4 bolt), and we've been looking everywhere for a replacement. I guess we could try to find a Hartke replacement, but that "V" just looks so badass...any info would be a huge help!

8. RonSound

Dec 24, 2008
    Disclosures:
    I bought them on ebay several years ago. They show up once in a while.

9. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass

Jun 3, 2009
    The Real Jersey Shore
    Disclosures:
    F CLEF LLC, Music Industry Consulting and Sales