Anybody familiar with the 1400 HARTKE Bass Head??

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by azuredefiant, Apr 15, 2014.

1. azuredefiant

azuredefiant

I'm currently using it with an old SoundMaster 2x10 cab. I was wondering if this head has enough power (ohms) to pair with any 4x10 cab?

2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Here you go ... http://www.samsontech.com/hartke/products/amplifiers/ha-series-amplifiers/ha1400/

... 80 watts into 8 ohms, 140 watts into 4 ohms ... watts are the power rating, ohms is the impedance ... you can certainly use it with any 410, just so the cabs impedance is not lower than 4 ohms (not likely) ... but it may be a bit of overkill, especially if it is an 8 ohm cabinet, you will be putting 20 watts into each speaker ... the 1400 I had I was actually using with a 4 ohm 110 .. bottom line, you cannot 'underpower' cabs, but IF it would be worth it to get a 410 for this head when most decent 110/112/210's would be more than adequate to accomodate it is a different matter ... nice little head for what it is though, good little 'coffee shop' head where you are sitting right next to if and can take advantage of the 'angled' face ...

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

I've had more than a couple. Great for a bedroom practice amp or other "intimate" venues but I'd aim for something like a 3500 to match-up with a 410. That being said, the 1400 does have headphone capability plus the 4 band tone stack is voiced nicely.

Riis

4. azuredefiant

azuredefiant

Thanks for the response guys! So I should pair it up with a 4x10 at all then?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. nutdog

nutdog Supporting Member

There was one in a coffee house turned church that I used to practice in paired with an SWR 410. Sounded good.