Anybody has an Eden Ec-210?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bassman74, Dec 21, 2013.

1. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    soon to become reviewer and interviewer for EADG mag
    Hey guys,

I absolutely know nothing about Eden products. Never been interested in any of their products before.

I always to been a fan of GK and ampeg.

Yesterday i have tried an eden ec-210 and i was impressed by its tone. I'm not good at describing tone, but it was punchy, it had great clarity an some of the sweetest highs i've heard so far....

Anybody here have experience with this products.

Is it a solid amp? how does it sounds when played loud?

Any comments will be appreciated!
  2. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

I don't have any experience with that particular combo however I believe Marshall (EDEN) hired Edens founder David Nordschow to design or at least consult with the design of that combo.

I have been impressed with the internal build quality of Edens gear in general lately.

My only concern with that combo is its 180 Watt power rating. That's about right for a standard 210 cab but many of us find 210's fall just a tad short for competing with a loud drummer. If your drummer is reasonable you'd probably be ok.
  3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

I use the 2x10 format (Acme) as standard. I'll agree wholeheartedly with my neighbour that a single 2x10 will likely not be enough to play a gig. I wouldn't even try. A pair OTOH is a versatile amplifier set up.
  4. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    soon to become reviewer and interviewer for EADG mag
    My next purchase is for home practicing not band playing

I want a combo or an affordable cab+head (ideally 500$ or less) that doesn't sound like a small box.

I just traded my Fender bronco 40 for an Ampeg ba112 without trying it.... BIG mistake....

Maybe it was because the amp emulator but the bronco sounded bigger then the ba112.

What a surprised!!! Larger cab, larger speaker, more watts and the ampeg sounds smaller than the tiny fender bronco 40....
  5. Register to disable this ad