Anybody have an non-G&L bass with G&L MFD hubuckers?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Nov 16, 2013.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Do any of you have a non-G&L bass with G&L MFD humbuckers?
  2. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    Yep.

I let one bassist from a neighboring city play it. He strapped it on, played two or three notes, and said (incredulously) "THIS is PASSIVE?"

It's loud, deep, full, and still pretty clear. A big fave pickup.
  3. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays... Supporting Member

I have two sets of MFD's I picked up over the last year and I can't wait to drop them into non G&L basses. Love the sound, love the playability, can't get with the headstocks. I'm shallow. I know. :meh:
  4. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

I know! They're my all time favorite pickups but I can't get with the neck profile. I've owned five L2000 Tributes and the nut width/neck profile has never agreed with me. I've got one of these coming in the mail on Monday

[​IMG][​IMG]

and I'm thinking about routing it out to fit a few MFD's. I have a set of L2000 Tribute treble and bass pots, so I would wire it blend/treble/bass with a combined series/single/parallel switch and OMG mode switch poking through the pickguard near the blend pot.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

No, but a split MFD would be an awesome drop-in upgrade for a P bass. To get a bigger sound than a MFD, you'd almost have to go active. Like a EMG PX, which is a total monster.