anybody here making p/j harness for sale?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mykelbass, Jan 23, 2013.

1. mykelbass

mykelbass

Hi, i got i wonderfull yamaha bb1600, which needs a new harness, volume, volume, and tone or switch. Since i suck at soldering i was wondering if anybody at talkbass, could make me a special one? For money of course :).
    Or know of anybody who can? The harnesses found on ebay, are just too tight fit for this bass.
    Thanks for your time.
  2. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas

Disclosures:
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    If you are willing, I'm sure all of us here would be more than happy to help you make your own. Not sucking at soldering is a matter of having the right tools, planning and prep, and a little bit of practice. I'd add patience but that's too many Ps.
  3. mykelbass

mykelbass

Thanks for a great advise. I might try to do it myself. I got a decent soldering iron. So i need to buy 2 pots, or 3 or maybe a switch? Wire. The pots needs to be really small, there is not room for "vintage" cts pots. And a wiring diagram. Maybe i'll just give it a try :).
  4. T-34

T-34

Give it a try, you won't regret :) You'll be able to teach yourself something useful for the future (and money-saving!)

For pots, if the standard size is too big, get the 3/8" "minis" (from stewmac or other supplier).
    Any decent quality wire will do.
    Once you've decided on the wiring diagram, post it here, we'll check if it is ok (internet is full of junk). Jazz Bass wiring is a good start, just do not forget you don't have the metal control plate, used as common ground on many JBs.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Steveaux

Steveaux

7. mykelbass

mykelbass

NEW - Bourns 250K Mini Audio Taper Pot, Split Shaft.
    I'll update when the solderings done :)