Anybody played the ESP LTD Stream 204?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RockinBass85, Feb 5, 2014.

1. RockinBass85

RockinBass85

Hey everyone, I tried looking up a youtube video of an ESP LTD Stream 204 but didn't find anything relevant. Anyone played these yet? They look very nice, specially the TSB finish, however I haven't found a single review or anything. :confused:

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    We played all three iterations of the Stream (LTD, E II, and ESP) at NAMM, and we were very impressed. In fact, we awarded ESP a Bass Gear Magazine Best of Show Award for the Stream line!

3. RockinBass85

RockinBass85

I've been looking at their basses but with only one music store where I live, the chances of playing it have been slim. Do you know of any sound clips for the ltds? I've been looking at the b4e, does the ltds neck handle low action well?

4. Crunka

Crunka

Does it have a thin or thick neck? Really thinking about purchasing this bass.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Miskatonic

Miskatonic

Site states "Thin U" contour for the neck. While still somewhat subjective in regards to the "thin" portion, it's not going to be a chunky p bass neck.

Wish they had been able to do some better stepping in regards to the prices though. :( Low end of ~500 msrp, next step up is ~1.8k, and then 4k. Really nice modern design, classy and still a bit different with some great hardware on the top two models.

7. gabrams

gabrams

Just got mine today. The price tag in Canada is 629.00, great construction. sounds great. super thin neck.

8. emell

emell

I am also quite interested in this bass. Could you maybe tell al little more about your new weapon? How does it sound? How low or high is the string action? Playability? What about neck diving? Considering the position of the strap knobs I am afraid it will neck dive. How much does it weigh?
    Sorry for all these stupid questions but you can hardly find any information or videos about this beauty. Although I would prefer a 5 string Version.
    Thanks and greetings from Germany.
    Marcus

9. CatSplat

CatSplat

ESP Necks tend to be pretty thin in general, but the Stream series uses the thicker of their two neck contours (Thin U as opposed to Extra Thin U). If you can find an ESP LTD J-series or EC-series bass to try out, they will have the same neck contour as the Stream.

10. outoftune

outoftune

gabrams, could you post a few pics or a video? It is hard to find any pics, vids or user info for the this bass. I had an LTD F-4e for a few yars and loved it. The neck was awesome as was the overall feel, playability and sound. Based on the F-4e I assuming this bass would have the same quality.

11. gabrams

gabrams

Sorry haven't been on in a weeks ill try and post some vids and pics this week. not sure the actual thickness but the neck is much thinner than the esp vintage 4 ihave and the surveyor 4. and weighs about half as much as well. setup out of the box was super low i raised it a bit as i play 1/2 step down and drop to c#.

12. Broham

Broham

I saw it hanging on the wall at Guitar Center and thought it was very cool looking, but I had no intention of buying one. After about 20 minutes of playing through my repertoire of bass licks I found it did them all well. The 2-Band Active EQ made it quick and easy to dial-in whatever amount of low-end or spank I was looking for. I was playing it through a GK MB115II and the two paired really well. I liked it so much that that I went back the next day bought the bass. Then I went home, got online and ordered a used GK 1001RB.

I thought this bass was going to be just about looks, but it turns out to be a great playing, versatile instrument. My only concerns now are how the electronics and neck are going to hold up after extended use and a change to heavier strings.