1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Anybody playing a Genz head through Ampeg?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Fletz, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

I am buying a friend's Ampeg 410HLF classic (I sold one a year or two ago and miss it). Since I sold mine, I also sold the Ampeg head and went to a sweet Genz-Benz Shuttle 12.0 through Markbass cabs. Anybody ever play a Genz Shuttle through an Ampeg 410 cab? Any comments / watchouts?
  2. Mark Nye

Mark Nye

Never played a Shuttle, but my Streamliner 900 pairs really well with Ampeg cabs. I currently run two SVT210HE cabs with Eminence Legends with my 900. I have also paired it with 410HLFs and 8x10s with good results.

Different head, I know, but hope that helps a bit.
  3. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

If you like what the 410HLF does, you will like it with the shuttle.
  4. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

I love my shuttle 12.0 and loved my 410hlf - so I'm hoping the two together will settle my GAS. :)

I am still debating whether to sell my markbass 210 or keep it for small venues.
  5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Good amp + good cab = good sound. Rare is the amp/cab combo that doesn't sound good as long as each piece sounds good.
  6. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

+1

I also think that the further down the signal chain you go the more important the parts are. IE the cab is the most important.

Good amp + Crappy cab = crappy sound.

decent amp + Good cab = great sound.
  7. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Alleva-Coppolo| MESA |Genz-Benz R.I.P.|REDDI|Westone
    I have NUMEROUS times... SM9.2 or Streamliner 900 into an ampeg 810.... Works great sounds great
  8. Fletz

Fletz Supporting Member

Now I'm getting pretty psyched. Getting it tomorrow!