1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Anyone A/B MB115 vs MB212 for bottom?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by kurosawa, Nov 6, 2012.

1. kurosawa

kurosawa Supporting Member

If there's an old school P player here, blues, oldies, country, who's A/B'd the MB212 and MB115 in playing situations, please let me know what you thought, and also whether these amps cut it live or bite it.

2. Davyo

Davyo Davyo

Having lots of experience with both combo's,,,, my opinion,,,, for live gigging go with the MB115.

I use my MB112 for rehearsals and it works great with a fairly loud rock band I'm in,,,,,,, but for gigging,,, get the MB115.

Cheers
    Davyo

3. 1stnamebassist

1stnamebassist

I haven't tried those, but here is another option you may want to consider. Carvin micro bass amps are getting great reviews. Their is even a forum on here. Most of the people who have them love them, the price is right, and everyone says they get pretty loud. Thats going to be my next amp purchase. They come in many different combos (10",12",15"2x10") plus ext cabs. A15" amp plus a 15" ext cab can be had for about 550.00 plus tax. Just another option to think about! Carvin.com.

4. Davyo

Davyo Davyo

The Carvins are nice but they don't have that killer GK bass tone (in my opinion that is).

For the record, I have owned Carvin bass amps and currently own a full Carvin PA system.

Cheers
    Davyo

5. Register to disable this ad