1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Anyone BBQing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Codger, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Codger

Codger Supporting Member

8 lb of short ribs going on the WSM tomorrow around noon. I anticipate a five hour cook, Texas style low and slow at 225F. The prep will include a dry rub and the cook will be with cherry smoke wood. She will pick the sides. It should be something like this when done.

More pics to follow.

[​IMG]

2. two fingers

two fingers You tahkin 'uh me? Yeah, you. You tahkin 'uh me? Supporting Member

I grill at least twice a week (even in the dead of winter). That's some pretty meat you have there. Enjoy!

3. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

Too much snow here to BBQ. That and they aren't aloud at my apartment complex:/

lowsound

4. Codger

Codger Supporting Member

Meat is prepped and on the cooker...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Codger

Codger Supporting Member

All done after about five hours. We served them up with a Carolina Mustard sauce. Good stuff.

[​IMG]

7. Bufalo

Bufalo Funk in the Trunk

Nice work. Nothing but freezing rain and temps in the 20's here, but by spring I'll be back in action. Wife bought me a One-Touch Gold for Christmas that may replace both my existing 18" no-name kettle and my Brinkmann smoker. Lots of charcoal to be burned this summer!

8. corndog

corndog Supporting Member

nice job!

I BBQ year round, rain/snow/sun/moon.

I really don't like slab meat cooked on anything other than a BBQ.