1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Anyone BBQing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Codger, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Codger

Codger Bradley Baker Supporting Member

8 lb of short ribs going on the WSM tomorrow around noon. I anticipate a five hour cook, Texas style low and slow at 225F. The prep will include a dry rub and the cook will be with cherry smoke wood. She will pick the sides. It should be something like this when done.

More pics to follow.

[​IMG]
  2. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

I grill at least twice a week (even in the dead of winter). That's some pretty meat you have there. Enjoy!
  3. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

Too much snow here to BBQ. That and they aren't aloud at my apartment complex:/

lowsound
  4. Codger

Meat is prepped and on the cooker...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Codger

All done after about five hours. We served them up with a Carolina Mustard sauce. Good stuff.

[​IMG]
  6. Bufalo

Bufalo Funk in the Trunk Supporting Member

Nice work. Nothing but freezing rain and temps in the 20's here, but by spring I'll be back in action. Wife bought me a One-Touch Gold for Christmas that may replace both my existing 18" no-name kettle and my Brinkmann smoker. Lots of charcoal to be burned this summer!
  7. corndog

corndog

nice job!

I BBQ year round, rain/snow/sun/moon.

I really don't like slab meat cooked on anything other than a BBQ.