1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Anyone compared the Bergantino CN212 to the Avatar B212 directlty?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Zonked, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Zonked

Zonked

I have an Avatar B212 neo and was wondering if anyone had done a direct comparison of these two cabs playing them back to back. I know the cabs should be this and that according to the specs, but I am more interested in responses from people who have done a direct comparison(tone, volume etc). The Avatar sounds great, but if I can get something better and lighter, then I may consider a possible upgrade. Thanks all.

2. Zonked

Zonked

It seems that no one has done a direct comparison...hmmm.
    How about anyone who has experiece playing both? Anyone. Thanks.

3. Dave W

Dave W Previously bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

I have no experience with the Avatar and can't find any specs on their site, but I'd be willing to bet that the CN212 is louder. It's only lighter by about 10lbs, which is significant to some. The form factor is also very different, and I personally like the CN rectangle vs. the B212 cube.

The CN212 is the best cab I've used. It's got a great tone, it's reasonably small, very light, and stupid loud. IMO it would be a nice upgrade.