1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Anyone de-chrome their Hartke cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by synterx, Feb 26, 2014.

1. synterx

synterx Supporting Member

I have a HX-112. Great little cab. I hate the chrome handle and corners. Man does that cheapen the thing up to me...I know, I know, looks don't matter - except they do.

Just wondering before I start the time consuming searches for new corners that fit and a new giant handle if anyone already found the parts somewhere? I'll buy a burger for anyone that can save me the time!
  2. Flatbass

Flatbass

3. synterx

That's kind of cool. I guess I'll start with the handle and just try to get something with similar dimensions. I can't believe Hartke had those custom made, they probably just picked them out from a supplier as is. If I pull it off, I'll throw a pic up here.
  4. DuShauh

DuShauh Supporting Member

I changed the corners to rubber stackable ones, and removed the feet on my 112's. The handles are a non issue now, because I stack them vertically w/handles facing up. Stacked that way, with my head on top, the handles are not seen. I also de-badged the grills. Not that they looked horrible before, but I like the look much better now, and having a slightly taller stack. The HyDrive 112's are underrated in my opinion: Pretty hard to beat.
  5. synterx

The HX112's are way, way underrated. I'm still shocked how well that thing can handle a true B string. I plugged my new BH250 in for an audition last night. Switched it to 4 ohm, and was amazed. Very powerful. I was really happy. It's just ugly with all that nickel chrome. I didn't think of using the plastic corners like my other cabs, that will work. But I really hate that handle. Since I see it's not inset, but sitting on top of the wood, that should be an easy swap if I can find another handle the same size.