Anyone de-chrome their Hartke cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by synterx, Feb 26, 2014.

1. synterx

synterx Supporting Member

I have a HX-112. Great little cab. I hate the chrome handle and corners. Man does that cheapen the thing up to me...I know, I know, looks don't matter - except they do.

Just wondering before I start the time consuming searches for new corners that fit and a new giant handle if anyone already found the parts somewhere? I'll buy a burger for anyone that can save me the time!

2. Flatbass

Flatbass

3. synterx

That's kind of cool. I guess I'll start with the handle and just try to get something with similar dimensions. I can't believe Hartke had those custom made, they probably just picked them out from a supplier as is. If I pull it off, I'll throw a pic up here.

4. DuShauh

DuShauh Supporting Member

I changed the corners to rubber stackable ones, and removed the feet on my 112's. The handles are a non issue now, because I stack them vertically w/handles facing up. Stacked that way, with my head on top, the handles are not seen. I also de-badged the grills. Not that they looked horrible before, but I like the look much better now, and having a slightly taller stack. The HyDrive 112's are underrated in my opinion: Pretty hard to beat.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. synterx

The HX112's are way, way underrated. I'm still shocked how well that thing can handle a true B string. I plugged my new BH250 in for an audition last night. Switched it to 4 ohm, and was amazed. Very powerful. I was really happy. It's just ugly with all that nickel chrome. I didn't think of using the plastic corners like my other cabs, that will work. But I really hate that handle. Since I see it's not inset, but sitting on top of the wood, that should be an easy swap if I can find another handle the same size.