Anyone doing a mini version of the old school 2 amp setup?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by therhodeo, Dec 30, 2013.

1. therhodeo

therhodeo

Meaning 1 bass amp and 1 guitar amp like Chris Squire and the like did?

I'm thinking like GK MB 500 head and 4x10 + a 15-30 watt guitar amp and 1x12.
  2. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Not with small amps yet, but I keep being tempted to try it. The little Rolls crossover makes it so easy to send the clean lows to the bass amp, and the dirty highs to the guitar amp.

I picture a small rack on a 1 X 12" combo guitar amp, atop a 1x15" or 2X10" bass combo amp. Hmmm.... a little tower of glorious noise.
  3. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

I've run a Sunn 1200s along side my 2000s with the Bridge pup of my Jazz into the 1200s and the Dagstar into the 2000s. I've run them into both 2x15s and into 1x15s, but I've never really run the 1200s too overdriven. I have run it with a fuzz face, reverb, and phaser, and it is nice to run a clean and effected signal.
  4. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Don't just TalkBass - PlayBass! Supporting Member

Stanley Clarke does. :cool:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Steve Dallman

Steve Dallman Supporting Member

I ran a rig for years using a full range bass rig, then took the line out, went through a 300Hz high pass filter, then into effects, into a guitar amp. I found I could use a small guitar amp.

This worked well. I could use effects that usually don't work great with bass, like delay, reverb, octave up, and of course, guitar distortions. All this was on top of my untouched bass tone.