Anyone else like extra extra-light strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by placedesjardins, Dec 13, 2012.

1. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

So, I'll be getting back in the bass game soon. My last bass, I got extra extra light strings, .030 gauge , which I liked more than regular.

It's been a long time since I've bought strings. Anyone else who likes extra-lights strings try/use the Rotosound Funk Master strings?
  2. 4-string

4-string Supporting Member

I love using 030-090 sets for some stuff. The downside is that strings that light tend to die quicker IME.

I did use Funk Masters 25 years ago or so, and always liked them. IIRC they both feel and sound rougher than the Hi Beams I use now, but it's been a long time. I do have a couple of sets on order now though, as the price is right. :) Will give them a spin again soon.

If super light string is what you like, stick with them. Nothing wrong with that at all. :)
  3. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Once Trace Elliot made light gauge strings but they don't market them anymore. I'll bet some other company made them. Anyone have a thought about that?
  4. Randyt

Randyt Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Adult Pampers
    i really dig my 0.118" on my 6xer...increase in dexterity, speed, lighter touch... I have Circle K's for lights and Fbass for heavys!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bhernco

bhernco Supporting Member

Ken Smith Slap Master Ultra Light 30-50-70-90.
    I tune my 5 E-C on that bass I add the C .28
  7. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

Oh yeah, I had Ken Smith Slap Master strings on my Yamaha RBX170. I know this sounds super naive, but I thought that because they were called "Slap Master" and that there was a picture of a Ken Smith bass guitar on the packaging, that would help me achieve a better slapping and popping sound. So, I bought 4 sets.