Anyone else not gigging this weekend?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cjp3044, Feb 8, 2013.

1. cjp3044

cjp3044

Disclosures:
    Part time guitar and amp tech at the Tone Shop
    First time in a long time I have no gigs this weekend. Actually looking forward to it. Going to do some much needed equipment maintenance and going to play in church on Sunday I won't feel like the Living Dead!

Anyone else look forward to a no-gig weekend once in a while?
  2. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Our gigs got cancelled because of the blizzard. At first I was a little annoyed, but now I'm happy I don't have to risk my life and play for the bartender.
  3. Shardik

Shardik

The last 2 years I have had 51 weeks without gigs each year. ;) I guess that is the difference between a happy amateur and the pros.
  4. mongo2

mongo2

Out singer/guitarist called out with the flu this past weekend so we had to cancel. Nemo didn't help much either.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cjp3044

cjp3044

Disclosures:
    Part time guitar and amp tech at the Tone Shop
    It was a good weekend. Got up early and played with my daughter Saturday morning. Went out for a nice dinner with my lady on Saturday night. AND got some much needed gear maintenance accomplished. I restrung, polished and went through the setups on 4 basses and fixed the crossover in my 4x10 cab. Looking at my schedule, though, I don't see another free weekend like this for a few months, which is also a good thing!
  7. bluewine

bluewine

February has been a good month for us. Gigs every weekend and 2 next weekend.

Blue
  8. Lo-E

Lo-E

Only one or two gigs per month for me most of the time, but I often have to work my "real" job on weekends. Believe me; I'd much rather have a gig!
  9. plankspanker13

plankspanker13

Last Thursday morning, there was only Friday's gig to anticipate.

I ended up playing 3 nights in a row: Thursday live band karaoke, Friday acoustic, and literally, mid-set, came the text traffic (and instruction from guitard to do a solo piece), and we had a full band booking for Saturday...and we totally killed, despite not having had a full band practice since October (but everyone has sat in on "lite" gigs, to keep up the tightness).

Good weekend.