Anyone else notice TB basically dies at 5 o'clock?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by will33, Apr 2, 2014.

1. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    I know I'm not the only one, and we all know it's because most of you are screwing off here while you should be working.

TB becomes very noticably inactive around 5:00.

This phenomena seems to be centered around the US Central Time Zone, even though we have plenty of east-coasters and west-coasters here.

Anybody TB while they're not at work?

I also notice a good portion of our British compatriots here seem to be fairly active during the US afternoons and evenings. Drawing on my vast worldly experience, and knowing that Frankfurt is 7 hours ahead of us (Britain might be 6?), most of these people, while a seemingly smart nation and very well educated, are usually talking to us late at night while most of them are probably drunk.

So when do you all TB.

For me, with smartphone in hand, it's pretty much "whenever". In the "old days" (like a few years ago), witth a regular computer, it was mostly evenings and weekends, and getting up early some weekends because that's when the "smart people" were online.

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I'm retired and up during the night I can lay in bed and use my iPad your observations are spot on.

3. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    I've enjoyed a lot of your comments, but I've always wondered....does that Ipad not recognize sentences, like with periods and capital letters and stuff? :p

4. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man. Supporting Member

Smartphone. Whenever. Too much. I also find Friday nights and Saturdays until evening are slow here. It makes sense; all the slow periods make sense when you think about a typical lifestyle.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Immigrant

Immigrant

Thank you!

I've wondered the same thing. The content is usually really good but it can be so hard to read, I basically ignore it.

I've decided most TBers are active here only when they're at work, and that leads me to wonder two more things:

1) Are they not allowed to be on TB at home?

2) Where were all these do-nothing jobs when I was in the workforce?:p

7. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

I'm generally only one when crapping (like right now). It's not the same around here anymore. I miss the core group of knuckleheads from 5-10 years ago.

8. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

I recall Maki's two cents threads fondly, he seems to have become this wise wizard who only posts occasionally now.

9. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Media:
    I, for one, find this new Unrepresented dynasty to be intellectually stimulating while not falling into the overtly pedantic tedium that has plagued past eras. We all probably remember the short lived "SchopenhauerBassist" dynasty from October to mid November 2009 which unfortunately was unable to straddle that dichotomy.

I am on when my smart phone is available and I am out of lives necessary to crush candies. I tend to check in pretty regularly throughout the day.

10. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

My work hours are anywhere from 3am to 6 pm because I'm self employed. I generally view TBOT most of that time and post if I can think of anything that's topical or sounds funny in my head.
    I'm a professed net addict and well, chat got me in trouble at home for what should be transparent reasons- so now I get my online fix around mostly male bass players (I know there's a few women who post in here, they ignore me and I'm grateful for that). :)

11. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    See what I mean?

Regulars logged off, time slows, and you're left with drunken Brits.

12. Unrepresented

Media:
    I don't like to point fingers but I am guessing that they're leaving because you're not posting cool enough stuff. Step up your game, bro.:|

13. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Ha. I'll have to come up with something cool.

Still learning the ropes/feeling out the crowd around here. After pretty much confining myself to Amps for a number of years, I have discovered there are only so many ways you can count ohms, only so many aftermarket speakers you can load into so many boxes, and only so many ways to describe sound before it all starts to read like one giant endless gear magazine article.

14. Unrepresented

Media:
    NBC couldn't legally call their programming "Must See TV" unless it literally was something that folks just couldn't ignore. Ross and Rachel were something we all were obligated to follow. Build TBOT to capture that same zeitgeist.
    Was the amps section (I already own one of both kinds, Country and Western) better about having around the clock updates? I've probably spent the most time in the effects forum and that had it's primetime (after school let out) and off-peak hours (when school was in session).:|

15. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Seemed to have more activity from more places around the world, so a bit of "smoothing out" of off times vs. peak times. Though the "smart people" ( those who could actually design an amplifier or speaker system ) tended to be early risers while the greater populace who buy and play such things were likely still passed out.

16. fraublugher

fraublugher

Agree , here's two other reason's : more cars equals more people trying to avoid traffic so going to work earlier virus . Also , some people like me , are screwed and have to go to work at ridiculous hours for no reason.
    I can't post from work ,have the day off and i don't drink .

17. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

TBOT is a great way to waste time. Currently, I dispatched my cabs (and drove my own) from 4:30 am to about half an hour ago, I fed my preschool aged kids, got them dressed for preschool. It's either pay attention to "Bob the builder" or hang out in TBOT.

18. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

I generally get on every morning in first period (stupid easy online class), during lunch in the library, and after school for some amount of time when I'm not at band practice. Love me some TB, as they say :p

19. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Where did Relic go?

20. Technotitclan

Technotitclan Lurking TB from work

Like my profile says "Lurking TB from work" My job has a lot of down time so I'm here a lot during work. Outside of work I really only visit if I have a problem I encountered with my equipment or if I'm stuck in a waiting room.

21. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Work was too busy today- bump for the slow time.