1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Anyone else use a VT bass w/a tube amp?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jacksonev94, Dec 1, 2013.

1. jacksonev94

jacksonev94

I just picked up a VT bass today. (Got a smoking good deal.) It sounds really great, but I feel like it's a little redundant since I'm playing it through my Ashdown LB-30. I have a MB210 combo, and it really warms that up nicely, but it seems pretty excessive to be playing a pedal that's meant to emulate a tube amp through an actual tube amp. Does anyone else do this?

2. dan_cmj

dan_cmj

Off topic but I'm really looking to get this pedal, is it as awesome as everyone says? Whats your signal chain?

3. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Not a VT but I dig my RedDragon into tube amp.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    I used to, but only as a dirt box.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jacksonev94

jacksonev94

Bass>Tuner>LMB-3>Joyo Ultimate OD>Big Muff Pi>BDDI>VT Bass>Dispatch Master>Amp

I'd need a few more days with the VT Bass to determine how good it is. What I've heard so far sounds really nice. It just seems kind of unnecessary since I already have a BDDI and a tube amp.:meh:

7. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Unnecessary if always on but could be useful as another effect.

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    The VT is actually a pretty excellent pedal. Sure, it's no sub for the real thing, but it does a quite respectable job of emulating Ampeggy sounds for less than $200.