1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD Anyone Feeling Charitable?

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by russpurdy, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russpurdy

russpurdy

I have a bold request if anyone is interested....

I teach a "rock band" program to elementary school kids. Most of our students come from troubled backgrounds and don't have alot of money. We have some instruments at the school but they can't leave the building so most students don't have any way of practicing at home, over weekends, breaks, etc.

Our bass player, in particular, has shown a real interest in the instrument but his development is slow going as we are only able to get him an instrument for a few hours per week.

I'm looking for anyone that is willing to donate either an entire low-cost bass (squier, parts bass, beater epiphone, or whatever) or people willing to donate enough spare parts to throw together a bass for this kid.

I have some parts (electronics, pickups, etc) that I can use and since im in Canada can help with shipping costs.

I hope i'm not crossing any boundaries by asking for a handout but I'd like to see this kid progress and he needs an instrument to do it. If this post is in bad form in any way please let me know or delete it. If anyone would like credentials or more information about the program I am happy to provide them.

So if you have a beater Squier affinity or an old frankenbass with bum wiring thats collecting dust let me know and we can find it a good home!

2. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector-Dingwall-Aguilar-DR-Tech 21-Darkglass
    I have an old beater P bass knockoff that I've been looking to donate somewhere in Los Angeles, but no luck finding an appropriate home as off yet...if you can cover shipping I'd be happy to send it your way :)

3. russpurdy

russpurdy

I'll drop you a line!

4. Junk420

Junk420

That's some beauty stuff right there. Good on you guys!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002

Sorry, but we do not allow for donation/charity threads here.
    Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.