1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Anyone going to see TOOL?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Calico, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Calico

Calico

There's a primarily west coast tour coming up. Just wondering if anyone is going. I can't believe they're skipping Seattle. I'm going to the Portland show...
  2. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

I will if they come around here
  3. Syxz_ML

Syxz_ML

Nearest to LA is Fresno so I'll try for that one. Doesn't surprise me though, they hate LA lol
  4. kserg

kserg

Yes. SF on 11th!
  5. callofcthulhu

callofcthulhu

Got my ticket the first hour they were on sale. San Francisco; I'll see you there kserg.
  6. VanillaThundah

VanillaThundah

YES! March 25th in Houston.

I ordered tickets online DIRECTLY from the venue (Toyota Center) at the very second they went on sale, and the closest I got was nosebleeds at a good angle to the stage. Problem is the Toyota center is NOTORIOUS for comping waaay too many seats to shows and you can pay scalped prices (not from original ticket purchasers, from a-holes who got the tickets for free from their businesses or other such methods) or just pay regular price and get nosebleeds. The sound reinforcement is good there, so the show sound good at least. I heard Dream Theater at Verizon Wireless theater and the mixing was terrible, couldn't hear the bass to save your life.
  7. Calico

Calico

8. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

Does a tour mean that a new album is in the works?

lowsound
  9. MontzterMash

MontzterMash

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I didn't know they were on tour. Got a ticket and making the drive to Portland! Never seen them, been wanting to for ages ...
  10. VanillaThundah

VanillaThundah

Not that I've heard. That would be pretty awesome though! It's been years since they did 10,000 Days
  11. Toolmybass

Toolmybass Supporting Member

There is a new album "in the works"...but anyone following Maynard and how busy he has been since they spoke about a new album the last time they played in Australia....dont expect one very soon.

If i were to guess at earliest...spring 2015
  12. MarshallNole

MarshallNole Supporting Member

That is unbelievable. Danny Carey is on record saying they thought they'd get into the studio late 2013.

I can't believe it has taken them so long to come out with an album. Getting tired of waiting.
  13. Toolmybass

Yep...the last thing Blair had mentioned about a new album was "I dont expect them to be in the studio any time soon"

That was about 3months ago

Gaynard has been very busy since Dannys interview.
  14. TwinBass

TwinBass

They are coming to Spokane very soon. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to miss this one.
  15. sjeverett

sjeverett

I would love to see Tool again. I saw them in the 90's. It was their first time in San Antonio. The Melvins opened up for them. It was my wife's first concert. Damn, she got off to a good start, my first concert was Def Leppard.
  16. MarshallNole

Does Maynard even get along with the Tool guys? I see pics of Chancellor, Adam, and Danny all the time doing different things, never Maynard.

I swear they are the most bizarre band ever. If they weren't so talented I would have lost interest.
  17. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

IIRC, Maynard lives in AZ and the rest of the guys are in LA.
  18. Toolmybass

Edit...This was just released. Sounds more promising than Blairs last quote. But I wouldn't change my guess of a new record around spring 2015

"So, what else?

Justin is back from his daring adventure involving the handling of a falcon… or a hawk… or a hawk-shaped military drone? Likewise, Danny has returned from Hawaii, where he is still trying to smuggle out enough curly koa wood to make a new drum (or nifty salad bowl, if I’m to believe an article in the current issue of VegNews magazine). And with Adam’s WWE wrestling buddies having exited the loft after an encore of golden hits - leaving the place no worse for wear, I might add - the fellows are back in the no picnic business of writing/arranging of new Tool material. So, if you saw Danny at Monday night’s Jayhawks game in Kansas, rest assure that this was his decoy-double getting in some much needed practice before the tour begins."

Blair
  19. MarshallNole

Where'd you read that? I don't see it on their site.
  20. Toolmybass

Someone just posted it in a Tool FB Group.
    Are you a Tool Army member?