1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Anyone have a new Yamaha TRBX 304 yet?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Strat Hater, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

I am looking for impressions of what you think of this new bass from Yamaha!

If anyone has one could you pls review it. All I can find on youtube are pros that are paid by Yamaha or a music store doing reviews on it.

thx

2. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

3. LostInSauce

LostInSauce

I'm getting a 305 delivered this evening. I'll throw up a score card and let you know what I think.

4. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

pls do, I am looking forward to it

bile likes this.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gabrielvv7

gabrielvv7

The trbx 304 and 504 are both REALLY nice basses. they are both very flexible basses. main differences: the pickups on the trbx304 have the big open poles like the older rbx yamahas, or like the ibanez srx's... the 504 pickups look more like the fender "double jazz". the trbx304 has a 3 band eq with a 5 way mid frequency switch... the trbx504 has also a 3 band eq, but it does not have the 5 way frequency switch, it has a mid boost/cut pot (i personally like this better). also, the 504 is active/passive(very cool!), which makes this bass SUPER flexible.
    I recently traded one of my favorite basses for the trbx504

7. gabrielvv7

gabrielvv7

cannot go wrong with either one. what sold me on the 504 instead of the304 was the mid knob instead of the switch, and the active/passive feature... but that is just personal preference.
    you can pretty much get any sound you could possibly want from either bass... but in my opinion and experience, the 304 suits rock, metal, and harder stuff better bc of the pickups design...the 504, on the other side, can get some really nice mellow sounds. both can get very bright, dark, clanky, boomy, etc... just great basses.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014