1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Anyone have experience with Radial Engineering's Bassbone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RodneyMac, Jan 31, 2014.

1. RodneyMac

RodneyMac

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Pavel Musical Instruments
    I'm thinking about swapping my Aguilar Tonehammer pre for the new Bassbone OD on my pedalboard. Thoughts? Opinions?
  2. Agosix

Agosix Supporting Member

I would stick with the Tonehammer due to more versatility in tone and great DI. Had the Tonebone briefly and it's only advantage was 2 channels otherwise it did not have the same output strength as the TH. That was my experience maybe others had different.
  3. RodneyMac

RodneyMac

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Pavel Musical Instruments

Have you tried the new Bassbone OD? I love my TH, but the OD had some impressive features. I do agree the TH has a great DI....this is why I'm waffling...
  4. Feral Feline

Feral Feline

BUMP!

RodneyMac: Why wasn't "OD" put in the thread title? You might have got more input/response from the community.

I'd have thought the DI on the Bassbone OD would be in keeping with Radial's other DI offerings – ie most Radial DI's get decent reviews.

Any new info on this "OD" version of the Bassbone, Talkbassers?