1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Anyone know of companies that make these?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HeavyAxe, Nov 27, 2013.

1. HeavyAxe

HeavyAxe

Hey! I'm looking for a company that makes the chrome or metal pickups etc. I don't know the proper name for them. You see them on guitars all the time. I know Lace makes something sorta like it for bass, but not quite the same. In addition, I'm not looking for a pickup cover, I mean an actual pickup.

Here's an example: http://mikelull.com/site/instruments/basses/bass-T4_T5.html

Thanks
  2. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Maybe SGD?
  3. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

You can buy those right from Lull. Thunderbucker Ranch makes some too, as well as a few other companies that I can;t remember off the top of my head.

They're Gibson T Bird replacements
  4. Toptube

Toptube

Lollar also makes vintage reproduction thunderbird pickups. available in chrome, gold chrome, and black chrome.

I have a set that I modded into a Fender Jaguar bass and they are fantastic.
  5. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

Yeah SGD offers them also.
  6. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

The SGD neo version have is a very good p.u. I also tried a lull and thunderbucker in a p bass.It was kinda a poor mans of LULL PT4.