1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Anyone know of companies that make these?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HeavyAxe, Nov 27, 2013.

1. HeavyAxe

HeavyAxe

Jul 16, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    Hey! I'm looking for a company that makes the chrome or metal pickups etc. I don't know the proper name for them. You see them on guitars all the time. I know Lace makes something sorta like it for bass, but not quite the same. In addition, I'm not looking for a pickup cover, I mean an actual pickup.

Here's an example: http://mikelull.com/site/instruments/basses/bass-T4_T5.html

Thanks

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
  3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    You can buy those right from Lull. Thunderbucker Ranch makes some too, as well as a few other companies that I can;t remember off the top of my head.

They're Gibson T Bird replacements

5. Toptube

Toptube

Feb 9, 2009
    Lollar also makes vintage reproduction thunderbird pickups. available in chrome, gold chrome, and black chrome.

I have a set that I modded into a Fender Jaguar bass and they are fantastic.

6. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

Yeah SGD offers them also.

7. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    The SGD neo version have is a very good p.u. I also tried a lull and thunderbucker in a p bass.It was kinda a poor mans of LULL PT4.