Anyone know where I could buy a metal corner like this?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by HollowBassman, Feb 10, 2013.

1. HollowBassman

HollowBassman Supporting Member

I have searched the internet and local hardware stores but have had no luck. What I need is a metal corner similar to the ones used on an amp or cabinet but for a flat 1/2" board.

Here is a quick 3d drawing with two views to give an idea of what I mean:

[​IMG]

Does anyone know of a place that sells or makes anything like that?
  2. hover

hover

The ones I've seen do not entirely encase a corner as you display...they usually cover the corner and face, but not the bottom... they're usually called corner bumpers or corner guards...
  3. darius8

darius8

You can go to any metal shop or welding shop and they might be able to fabricate anything to your specs for a fee.
  4. HollowBassman

Yeah, I saw them while searching online. They are so close that I kept thinking that I would find what I need on the next page or so, but I'm starting to think I will need to have them custom-made.

I think that is what I'll have to do. It just seems like something so simple that I would be able to find some pre-made.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. warnergt

warnergt

7. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Just make some. Easy enough.
  8. HollowBassman

I would prefer metal. I'm looking for these corners for two pedalboard projects. On one board the corner will be tight against a normal amp/cab type metal corner and I don't want it to look funny.(I just found this thread I made in the effects forum about 5 years ago asking this same question. :oops: ) I see that I mentioned plastic being okay in that thread but as of now I would like to use metal. The other board is going to be built like a road case with aluminum u-channel around it and I don't really want to just bevel the corners and have a sharp edge.

Do you mean for me to make them myself or to have them made? I wish I had the tools to make something like this. As simple as it looks, I wouldn't be able to make it without a seam.

I'll look into having some made tomorrow.
  9. blastoff99

blastoff99

Ah. So you don't want to know what's the best bass for metal. You want to know what's the best metal (corners) for bass (pedalboards).

Sorry. I just added absolutely nothing to this thread.
  10. hover

hover

If they're for pedalboards, do what everyone else does and buy extruded u-channel and 90 deg. corner notch on the length to fold at the corners, and do the entire perimeter of the board. Then tack in place and you're done. A lot cheaper than custom-fab, and if you already have tin-snips, you're good to go.