Anyone ordered from THE BASS PLACE.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by The Unit, Dec 21, 2013.

1. The Unit

The Unit

Just wondering if anyone has ordered thru them and if so what was your experience?
  2. temmrich

temmrich Supporting Member

I have ordered from them a couple times. I've had nothing but good experiences. Very fast shipping too.
  3. The Unit

The Unit

Thanks, that's always good to hear.
  4. Pimmsley

Pimmsley

Bought my GB shuttle 9.2 from them, fantastic service.... Got to me in Australia in 6 days :)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Accuracy, Carvin, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    Can't vouch for their mail order but did hang in their shop from time to time when I was on tour. Nice guys, great gear selection, seems like they're really straight shooters.
  7. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

My experience too.
  8. Jheake

Jheake

I live in az, they are nice enough gents but aren't in a hurry to save you money. If you are seeking the best deal out there I would suggest looking elsewhere.

I've bought a couple things from them in store, I could have saved myself money online though.

Like I said though they are nice guys. It's just not the least expensive route.
  9. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

Everything I have bought from them was because they had the best price to be found at the time.
  10. jamminology101

jamminology101

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Glockenklang
    Great service....I bought a warwick from them and she was really spanking clean.
  11. bgavin

bgavin Supporting Member

That is my experience also.
  12. Alder P Ashman

Alder P Ashman

I also live in AZ and have been their customer since 1997. I can't say enough positive things about them. I'll boil it down to this though: they know their sh*t and are fair with their customers. I'm thankful they have been around for as long as they have and hope they stay in business for a long time. Support smaller bass businesses!!!
  13. FenderBassist

FenderBassist In the land of drummers, the bass player is king. Supporting Member

Excellent experience with that store. Highly recommended.
  14. 4andnomore

4andnomore

Highly recommend them - fair, honest and knowledgable. A great shop that deserves your support.
  15. faulknersj

faulknersj Gold Supporting Member

Yes...they are a great shop. I live in the Phoenix area and have made many purchases from them.
  16. basshawk

basshawk Supporting Member

I used to visit the Bass Place pretty frequently when I lived in Phoenix and have purchased a few things from them. The transactions have always been fair and Dennis and Lee are always willing to impart their knowledge and give you their 2 cents worth. You can't go wrong if you deal with the Bass Place, and if for some unlikely reason it does, they'll work with you to make it right.
  17. lexington125

lexington125

just a general (and obvious) comment: you can't expect a 'brick & mortar' store to match prices with a business that exists only on a server. Only you can decide if you find value in a physical store with human beings, real time support, loaner/rental gear, repairs, etc. Personally, I'd rather shop in person, but others prefer absolute lowest price above all else.
  18. taphappy

taphappy doot de doo

Please, please buy that Roscoe LG that they have there. My hands have been whining at me since I first played it a year ago, and I may actually talk myself out of needing a B string if it's still there the next time I go.
  19. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Expendable Supporting Member

Great store, great guys!!

Mark
  20. lowmid1

lowmid1 Supporting Member

Bought a bass from them years ago and got a decent price. After I received the bass I just didn't like it so they had me send it back and refunded my money with absolutely no hassles. Since then I have bought several sets of pickups and 2 preamps from them and the price was decent and no complaints otherwise. Definitely didn't feel like buying a used car which was my impression with one of the other bass stores!
  21. wighat

wighat

My local shop matches mail order/website prices every time, no questions AND gives great service.