1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Anyone own the Manlay Bass King?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Timpala, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Timpala

Timpala

Nov 13, 2011
    IOWA
    First off, I am a big fan of fuzz pedals. So, when I came across a video of the Manlay Bass King, I was really interested. The video I saw shows the guy trying a Rickenbacker and a Fender Mustang bass out with the pedal. The overdrive sounds fine, but the fuzz sounds really good on this video. From what I have looked up, the pedal looks expensive at $300. However, I did buy a ZVEX Wooly Mammoth for more money. I love the fuzz on the Wooly Mammoth. But, it is pretty much all or nothing as far as fuzz goes. So, I was wondering if anyone owns a Manlay Bass King and could comment on it?

2. Timpala

Timpala

Nov 13, 2011
    IOWA
  3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. Timpala

Timpala

Nov 13, 2011
    IOWA
  5. giglawyer

giglawyer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Wow! Never heard of it, but sounds great!

6. Timpala

Timpala

Nov 13, 2011
    IOWA
    "Be the ball" is my favorite quote of all time! Caddy Shack is my favorite movie of all time.

7. Dash Lashes

Dash Lashes

Feb 20, 2015
    SoCal & E.Wash
    Disclosures:
    *upper-extreme (er..."extended-range") iq
    SUP?!:woot:

Bumping an old thread no doubt.. anyone around these days w/ one? while looking at nkt275 based stuff on the www, i bumped into these 4 the first time today. my antennas are way up on 'em :wideyed::bassist:

anything bass specific gets the lion's share of my attention, personally, fwiw

[​IMG]

8. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Never heard of it...tempting!:)

Dash Lashes likes this.