1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Anyone own this spector euro lx-tw?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stlandvan, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Stlandvan

Stlandvan

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1391807437.153084.jpg Hi I'm looking at getting this bass but can't try it out first because no one around me carries these. This bass seems perfect for my style of music, which is hard rock. We play in drop CGCF, and would like to know if any of you can help me with some reviews on this before I purchase it, it's not a cheap purchase either

2. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GENZ BENZ / SADOWSKY
    I would think the Spector Euro 435 TW would be better with drop tuning since it's a 35 inch scale.
    Bass Central has them at a decent price.

3. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GENZ BENZ / SADOWSKY

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1391824688.482173.jpg

4. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector-Dingwall-Aguilar-DR-Tech 21-Darkglass
    It's a killer bass, perfect for any style of music, and if the pickups aren't to your taste you can easily swap them with a different EMG 35 variety due to the solder-less connections.

Personally I prefer a 35P/DC setup, but to each their own ;)

Definitely check the classifieds here on TB before you buy a new one, you can often find one for about half price :bassist:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Stlandvan

Stlandvan

Thanks for the info. This one is also a 35in scale. I've been saving for a while to get this and ready to buy it now. I'm going to look into your suggestion also Joey, thank you

7. Stlandvan

Stlandvan

I've been reading more into this euro 4 lxtw, and have another question. Would it even be good to get a 35 in scale for CGCF tuning? That would mean I would be tuning up from what it's made for