1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Anyone played a RedSub amp?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JoeBbass, Dec 27, 2013.

1. JoeBbass

JoeBbass

I'm thinking of getting a RedSub BP150 150W. To be honest the price and the specs look too good to be true.

Anyone had any experience with a RedSub amp?
  2. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Never even heard of RedSub and that is saying something as I am on this bloody site all the time.

Lots of good reviews online and they look like cool amps!

[​IMG]
  3. Cirk

Cirk

The info I found on these amps is sketchy at best. A lot of the same stuff repeated on different sites in various languages. No site for the company itself. Too many red flags for me, I'd pass on this amp.
  4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

These have come up before, best I can figure out they are a "house brand". House brand means someone builds then under contract for a specific owner (Like Bain Capital partner's Guitar Center/ Musician's Friend etals "Acoustic" house brand).
  5. DannyBob

DannyBob

Yes, they are a house brand for the company www.gear4music.com

These amps are, IMO, very good for their price. Build quality is excellent, and the sound they can produce for the price is phenomenal. I tried one at a friends house a year ago, and when compared to my Laney amp at home, it made me want to buy one. As weird as it could be, I'm GASing for a house-brand combo from a website based company......weird huh?
  6. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

I don't think it is weird at all. I like hearing about a "sleeper" brand. If they play and are as well built as you say it's something I can point people to on the east side of the pond :)
  7. DannyBob

DannyBob

I know, I just meant most people are looking for £2000 amps and everything, and I can't wait to get a £200 amp haha. I might try 2 BP150's and a Lehle P-Split Splitter to run both combos at once. This will mean 300w coming from 2x15 (essentially), with a safe high impedance split for £500 ($825). Not bad I think...
  8. Martin Beer

Martin Beer

I think they're made by Beta Aivin (who also did the Ibanez Prometheans) and badged with the distributors brand.