1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Anyone played a RedSub amp?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JoeBbass, Dec 27, 2013.

1. JoeBbass

JoeBbass

I'm thinking of getting a RedSub BP150 150W. To be honest the price and the specs look too good to be true.

Anyone had any experience with a RedSub amp?

2. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I love the night life, I got to boogie....
    Never even heard of RedSub and that is saying something as I am on this bloody site all the time.

Lots of good reviews online and they look like cool amps!

[​IMG]

3. Cirk

Cirk

The info I found on these amps is sketchy at best. A lot of the same stuff repeated on different sites in various languages. No site for the company itself. Too many red flags for me, I'd pass on this amp.

4. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

These have come up before, best I can figure out they are a "house brand". House brand means someone builds then under contract for a specific owner (Like Bain Capital partner's Guitar Center/ Musician's Friend etals "Acoustic" house brand).

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DannyBob

DannyBob

Yes, they are a house brand for the company www.gear4music.com

These amps are, IMO, very good for their price. Build quality is excellent, and the sound they can produce for the price is phenomenal. I tried one at a friends house a year ago, and when compared to my Laney amp at home, it made me want to buy one. As weird as it could be, I'm GASing for a house-brand combo from a website based company......weird huh?

7. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

I don't think it is weird at all. I like hearing about a "sleeper" brand. If they play and are as well built as you say it's something I can point people to on the east side of the pond :)

8. DannyBob

DannyBob

I know, I just meant most people are looking for £2000 amps and everything, and I can't wait to get a £200 amp haha. I might try 2 BP150's and a Lehle P-Split Splitter to run both combos at once. This will mean 300w coming from 2x15 (essentially), with a safe high impedance split for £500 ($825). Not bad I think...

9. Martin Beer

Martin Beer

I think they're made by Beta Aivin (who also did the Ibanez Prometheans) and badged with the distributors brand.