Anyone played a Snapdragon eBass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by guitar<bass, Dec 21, 2013.

1. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

http://www.playawayguitars.com/play_away_guitars_shop.php?itemID=1288

Anyhow, I am pretty much convinced that I have to have one. Not being able to carry around a bass when I go out on jobs (oilfield) has been detrimental to my drive and abilities.

The reason I am posting this is I would still love to hear from someone who has actually played one. I'll try and share my results once i take it out a few times. I need something a little more productive than the ps4 when I'm on downtime.

G<B

2. RBS_Johnson

RBS_Johnson

Never seen those before. Sure does look neat though.

3. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

One bump.. just curious. Think I'll be a guinea pig. Want it!!

4. pecBass

pecBass

did you ever pick this up? if you did, how do you like it?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JennySuzuki

JennySuzuki

That video they're using to advertise it was amazingly well done! If it really performs that well, I'd be shocked, but... cool advert.

7. dr4lom

dr4lom

I just bought the single pickup model(I didn't want to pay too much if it was crap) and I have to say so far I'm pleased. The guitar survived an international flight in my suitcase and plays well. You do need to tune the guitar before you play it(I think the Tripper is the only one with the evertune bridge), but it stays fairly close and is pretty easy to tune once you realize that the two high strings are wound backwards. The neck is pretty close to full size(only 2 frets less than a standard bass) so it's great for practice. Tone is pretty good, not a lot of variety with the knob, but I never expect to play out with this instrument, just something to do while I'm on business trips stuck in a hotel. In general the sound is good. I would like a new setup as I'm literally playing with it out of the box. For my tastes, I prefer a setup closer to the bridge than how it came but I was very impressed to get this shipped to the U.S. in the week I ordered it and it was strung and ready to use. I played it the day I got it. The way the neck meets the body does create some additional buzz with the strings, but since string control is helpful for practice, I personally consider this a good thing, but I mention it as I think it would annoy some players. It uses standard strings, you don't need strings with balls at both ends.

So as a high level from my limited experience (I've only been playing bass for about a year and a half) I would rate the portability a 10, that fact is amazing. I would rate the tone and overall sound about a 7(it's not going to replace a full size bass). It's light and portable, that's what you're buying.

I hope that helps. If you have any questions please let me know and I will respond as timely and as best I can.