Anyone recommend a good bass-knowledgeable luthier in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ishtar, Jan 3, 2013.

1. ishtar

ishtar

Hi, and thanks in advance for any pointers.

I need to have a Badass II bridge installed and its saddles oriented and cut for a lefty Vintage®Icon bass I just acquired.

I know where I'd take my guitars for work, but am wondering if anyone has a lead on a good luthier who can install the bridge, rotate and cut the saddles for a southpaw instrument.

Would like to be confident in the luthier's skills as I don't think it would be good if anything went wrong cutting the saddles. I am unaware of replacement parts for the Badass II, though I suppose they exist.

Your thoughts and knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, again.

ishtar!~
  2. wrongpaw

wrongpaw

3. ishtar

ishtar

I've brought acoustic guitars to Hoffman and thought about them. I guess I'll be heading back to East Franklin. Appreciate the thoughts, Wpaw.
  4. gruidl

gruidl

I take my basses to My Music Store in Plymouth. Love that shop. Have seen a lot of guitars go there for restoration as well.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Lonnybass

Lonnybass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    +1 for Ted Vig at My Music Shop. He does final setup work on my customs.

Lonnybass
  7. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Supporting The Gold Gold Supporting Member

Hey Man
    May be a mite late in chiming in here, but one of the best in the biz is Dave Rusan; that's Rusan Guitar Works in Bloomington. The man knows his sh**.
  8. Jake8773

Jake8773

Ted Vig at my music store is the best! Ted has worked on my guitars for years from headstock repairs to sublime set-ups. Ted IS the man!!!!