1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Anyone rocking a tube amp into Deltalite II 2510?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by AlexanderB, Mar 10, 2014.

1. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

As the title says, is anyone here running a bigger tube amp through Eminence Deltalite II 2510?
    I have noticed how much higher sensitivity the 2510s have compared to my SVT-410HLFs - a 210 with 2510s actually has a bit more sensitivity than the 410HLF!

So while the HLF might be less optimal for anyone intending to run a clean SVT tone, a quartet of 2510s might be a better choise?

How do you users think they work for a bit of (real!) tube overdrive? I think they are OK, but not stellar when I run my VT Bass or EBS MultiDrive at gig volumes.

2. Boot Soul

Boot Soul

The Reeves 410 cab is sealed and uses the Deltalite II 2510. It is made for use with their tube head. I have never seen or heard one but they have sound clips on their site >
    http://www.reevesamps.com/bassCabinets.htm

3. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Thanks - much appreciated! :)
    I had no idea Reeves had such high tech components, but it is good to know they picked just that speaker!

4. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. VanillaThundah

VanillaThundah Go Team Sea Slug!! Supporting Member

Media:
    While speakers do have an effect, replacing speakers cannot necessarily reverse poor or unsuitable cab design. The box that is built around the speakers is just as important, if not more, than the speakers themselves.

If you're looking for high sensitivity (volume) and a solid reproduction of your tone, the fEarfuls are praised by many cats on here with some pretty impressive rigs. If you're going after a classic tube sound I'd say go for an 8x10 or 6x10 fridge to get the full effect. I use a ported 2x15's with mine (Traynor YBA200) and it gets the volume and vibe without issues.

Slapping speakers into a cabinet can be a bit of a gamble, I lucked out big time with mine.

7. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Thanks!
    I did not say it, but I have no intention to swap drivers in my Ampegs.
    What I have is two upgraded EBS boxes (vented 210s) that I have considered running with an SVT CL or perhaps a Traynor YBA300.
    OTOH, my two HLFs are great for my SS rig but they seem less popular with the tube amp crowd.
    The sealed SVT-810 and copies are not for me. The same goes for fEarful etc.

8. kbakerde

kbakerde Supporting Member

Media:
    I used to run my Bassman 135 tube head into a BFM Jack 210 with the Deltalites. Sounded really, really good and was a lot more portable than the big ass 2x15 cabinet it came with.