Anyone still use / recomend Epifani amps ?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Low End Rider, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Low End Rider

Low End Rider

Anyone still use and or recommend Epifani amps ? Like the PS 1000 ? I currently have a PS 600 but its going to need to go into the shop, having problems with the pre volume cutting out. also have a Carvin BX 1500. Two great amps . Just curious, never see many out .

2. cnltb

cnltb

Decent amps but not my 'cupoftea'.

3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

No but they are on the "to buy" list. I love my Epifani 310

4. lowfreqgeek

lowfreqgeek Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Regenerate Guitar Works
    Probably the single piece of gear I *most* regret selling was my Epifani UL502. I had a hard time getting it to play nice with my upright. I may go back in that direction for electric, though.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    I've been using a PS1000 for some time, and still love it, after owning a lot of other stuff. I think it didn't catch on because it's bigger than a lot of micro amps (though not too heavy) and has a unique power configuration (1000 watts into an 8 ohm cabinet or 2x500 watts into two 4 ohm cabinets...not a typo). That said, it's a great head. Sound- and volume-wise, I like it more than previous heads I've owned.

7. SlingBass4

SlingBass4 Supporting Member

I've owned both the 501 & 502 - great stuff, but they may be an acquired taste for some... :smug:

8. hasbeen

hasbeen

Disclosures:
    Vice President, KMC Music Inc.
    I use different amps and cabs for different applications and/or voices.

One "voice" I really like, especially with my Ken Smiths, is the 502 on top of a Epi 410.

I also use this rig as one side of a stereo rig when I'm looping and such. I run GB on one side and the Epi on the other.

9. Figjam

Figjam Supporting Member

Used to run PS600 and UL310. Great set up for music that I dont play anymore. I run a lofi tone now, but that was great for when I had a clean tone.

10. headband

headband Supporting Member

An Epifani UL 902C has been my regular gigging amp for about a year and a half, so it has done between 100 and 150 shows with no issues. . I use it with either Bergantino AE410 or FearFul 1212/6 cabs. I really needed the extra power to drive the Fearful. The head is really well built, has a great DI out, and sounds great with these cabs. I also have a Reeves Custom 225 tube head, but really it doesn't seem much action these days as the Epifani works so well for me.

11. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

I use a PS600 at my church gig

12. JB36

JB36 Supporting Member

A piccolo 600 just arrived at my door today. I haven't spent much time with it, but I'm impressed so far. It has plenty of power and could easily be louder than my Shuttle 9. I'm finding it's quite versatile. The EQ works well and it was easy to find what I was looking for. The vintage circuit kinda of reminds of a Mesa Walkabout. I think it's going to be a keeper.

13. Virgil

Virgil She's My Inspiration

I own an Epifani 902c, 501 and the Picollo 600. They are all good amps. I use them with a variety of cabs including an Epi 410, 2, Bergantino CN 112's and a TecAmp M210. You can't go wrong with any of the above rigs.

14. Virgil

Virgil She's My Inspiration

I did a gig with my Picollo, and I allowed the opening act to use my rig. This amp was driven hard for 4 hours and it never lost its umph.

15. Crabby

Crabby

I just picked up this used UL-410 to go with my 502. I owned one of these cabs a few years back and really regretted selling it. So easy to carry around and a quality, light weight 1000 watt 4ohm 410 is truly a thing of beauty.

[​IMG]