1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Anyone tried a brass nut by AxeMasters in their Ibanez BTB?

Discussion in 'Bass Central' started by CraigMack, Jan 7, 2014.

1. CraigMack

CraigMack

Just thinking about upgrading the nut on my BTB.
    Was wondering if anyone has put a brass nut on the Ibanez BTB.
    If so, was there any significant change?
    Anyone tried that eBay company AxeMasters?
    I think I may order a blank and then cut it myself.
  2. CraigMack

CraigMack

3. FretlessMainly

FretlessMainly

Well, since you haven't had a reply from Bass Central (I try to avoid posting in the sponsored forums unless the sponsors reply first), I'll say this.

I use open strings when necessary, but being mainly a fretless player, I rely on my technique and the wood of the fingerboard to make my notes speak. The sound of an open note is the instrument speaking; the sound of a stopped note is the sound of the musician speaking.

But add a brass nut if you like. It's 1/1,000 of what's important for your role as a bass player.