1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Anyone tried Fender Rumble cabs 112 or 2x8?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by boristhespider7, Jul 7, 2011.

1. boristhespider7

boristhespider7

Has anyone had chance to try out one of the Fender Rumble 112 or 2x8 cabs. They are seriously lightweight 11-14kg. I am seriously thinking of getting one but don't know anyone who has tried one, no online reviews of them i can find anywhere either!

To get one i'd have to buy blind online, so any reviews appreciated! Hows the bottom end? Any farting out? How does the 112 and 2x8 compare to each other?

2. boristhespider7

boristhespider7

3. Doll

Doll Versus Doll

There is a short thread started about the rumble series, one review up about the cabs, I am also looking to learn more about these, hoping my local l&m will get them in, they go through quite a few of the combos by the looks of it.

Fender Rumble

4. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

I started a thread about them. I purchased mine about 3 weeks ago. I have the 350 head, 2X8 and 1X12 cabs. I love them. I'm amazed at how much bass response those cabs have. I've used them for 5 shows and they have performed flawlessly. To my ear, run together, they have a nice rich bass tone. Although the control panel on the amp is pretty simple, I've been able to fine several setting that agree with my tastes and the needs of the band. This little set up is pretty loud, as well. I don't, however, think they would work on a big, outdoor stage with no PA support, but for any medium sized inside gigs, they got plenty of pop! Seriously one of the best investments I've made lately! I can carry my basses, both cabs and the head in one trip from the car. I am a fan. Best of luck tom you.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. boristhespider7

boristhespider7

Thanks for the feedback guys. How do they perform individually? (i'll probably only get one of them) Do you recomend either 1 of them. At the moment i'm edging towards the 12" as i'm guessing it handles low end better? That right?

I'm just looking at getting 1 for rehearsals and v small gigs (have full rig for bigger gigs). I don't play 5 string or do any low end dub stuff (eg. reggae etc), mainly soul, 60's, classic rock etc

7. Gougedeye

I used mine last night at a medium sized outside gig with PA support...absolutely kicked ass! I'm more impressed everytime I use this stuff! With a little tweeking of the head, I'll bet there are some tones in there you like. If I could round up another set, 2X8 and 1X12, and find a micro head that is 2ohm stable, I'd have all the gear I'd ever need. As far as only 1 cab...if I had to choose, the 1X12 is pretty cool, but either works well, imho. I play exclusively 5 strings and this set up is just thunderous. The best part...one trip from the car to the stage and I got all my gear. Good luck.

DanGR likes this.
  8. boristhespider7

boristhespider7

wow, a seriously lightweight 12" cab thats is both cheap and can handle a 5 string. Does it take much to fart out on you?

9. Gougedeye

I used the whole set up last night at a smallish outside gig and once again, it worked as advertised! This thing is great. I play fairly aggressively in a funk/blues band and so far no farting out of any kind. I could not be happier!

DanGR likes this.
  10. boristhespider7

boristhespider7

any one else have experience of these?

11. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Gold Supporting Member

I snagged a 2X8 for rehearsals and small venues. Haven't spent any time with it besides comparing it to my AE112 at home. The 2 X 8 has some nice width and thickness down low that surprised me.

The piezo tweet is a little on the weak side, IMHO. 28lbs and 12" cabinet depth makes it a super easy shlep.

I'll get back and post more when I've had some time with it.

12. boristhespider7

boristhespider7

excellent..i'll look forward to it!

13. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Gold Supporting Member

I decided it was unremarkable, yet probably adequate for most lite-medium lite duty. When compared to my AE112, I decided the size and weight savings of the Rumble were not sufficient to justify the expense, so back it went.

14. 1Libertyalto

1Libertyalto

I'VE PLAYEDPOTE="boristhespider7, post: 11153792, member: 109091"]bump[/QUOTE]
    IVE PLAYED THRU AMPEG SVT 300w Tube Heads And 300 w Bassman 300w Tuve Heads For 35 Years,And Have The New Ones. But I Love The Rumble Series. I HAVE THE NEW 500w Combo I Use With A Hartke 115 Hydrive cab. I IN ALL OF MY GEAR, LOVE THE RUMBLE 2/8inch SPEAKER CABS SO MUCH I HAVE 2 OF THEM. I USE IT THEM WITH MY RUMBLE 500w Combo, WHICH IS THEN 2/10's In The Combo & 2/8's, OR WITH MY FENDER BXY 300w Combo 115 & 2\8'S, I LOVE THE SOUND OF THE 4/8's.GREAT PUNCH AND LOW END, AND I Even Use It With A Couple Guitar Amps. Buy One Or 2 While They're Cheap. I Had A 4-8inch Bass Cab I Wished I Never Sold, It Was An Ass Kicking Sound. These 8 in. ,Cabs Are And Have Always Been A Gteat To Your Bass Sound. 4 Speakers Together Are Great. And Traynor And Mesa And Highline Companies Make The , BUT THE RUMBLE CABS ARE SUPERC FOR THE MONEY!

15. stelles75

stelles75

I got sick of lugging around my SWR Workingman's 15" and also I had played my bass through my buddy's 1x12 guitar cabinet using my Rumble 350 head and liked how it sounded, so I started looking at 1x12 cabs. Decided to give the matching cabinet to my amp and I'm pretty excited about it. It sounds great. I had my gain up to 8/10 and had no clipping or distorting in the slightest, so the cabinet can obviously handle the load. It's also insanely light... I can't even believe it's a bass cabinet.

Pros:
    Lightweight
    Good sound quality, at least on par with my SWR
    Has magnetic spots to grip on to the Fender Rumble amp head

Cons:
    One side of the grill is really sharp. I'm going to call Fender about this.
    The Fender logo on the front is like this tin plate that's riveted on. It buzzes a bit and will get removed.
    The horn has a bit of a hiss, but so do most horns as far as I know.

I'll be keeping my eyes out for a used 2x8 Rumble cabinet.

16. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

I had two rumble 1x12 cabs and really enjoyed them. I wish I hadn't had to sell them, to be honest! If I could find some used I'd probably jump on them again.

17. Linnin

Linnin

I have a pair of Fender Rumble 112 Neo cabs and love them. They were a bargin at $400 and now sadly discontinued by Fender. But do compare them to the much more expensive ($750) Aguilar SL 112 Neo, or GK 112 Neo. All three are about the same size, and all three use Eminence neo drivers.