1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Anyone use an Aviom system for gigs?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Bassin Buddy, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Bassin Buddy

Bassin Buddy

:bassist:We were at Disney World last year and saw a good band. After the show, my son and I talked to one of the band members. He mentioned Aviom as an excellent monitor system.

I was just wondering if someone could shed some light on the Aviom system. I know that a lot of folks use them in church settings. I just wondered how they would work for live gigs. Thanks in advance for your help!

2. James Simonson

James Simonson

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist : Ernie Ball, LaBella Strings
    It's a mixer with no e.q. (per channel) and a pan control. There's a master 2 band e.q. control. Works great. They can save several different mixes. They're very common in the theater too.

3. Syco_bass

Syco_bass

Disclosures:
    Custom builder - Arizona Bass Company/Curcio Custom Basses
    The cool thing about the aviom system is that everyone can have their own monitor mix at their fingertips. This is especially nice when you don't have a sound guy running a deticated monitor system. You can dial it up yourself. you can use it to run floor wedges, Wireless IEM, etc. We use them at church, and I would love a system for my band, but we don't really need such an extravagant system for a 3 peice band playing mostly small venues.

4. MNAirHead

MNAirHead

I own one - only for times we have trained pro sound staff

Tons of parts.... Tons of cable

-----

Digital mixer + rolls pm351 is easier

Some things like the new mackie mixer can do the same thing

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Steve Dallman

Steve Dallman Supporting Member

We use the system at church. I don't really care how my bass sounds in the earphones, as it's overly compressed, and very bright, but I quickly got used to it. I'm sure if I were allowed to mess with the compressor on the bass feed, I could find a happier medium. It's actually pretty incredible. I store my mixes so I can get back to where I was instantly. I see Behringer has a knockoff of the Aviom system, for far less. But you have to also figure for a compressor for each channel. We use all 16 at church.

7. 99TangoDelta

99TangoDelta

There is also a similar system called mymix, it is a little more sophisticated than the avioms. There are plenty of videos on YouTube demonstrating its uses and capabilities

8. Mad Tango

Mad Tango

I use them at church all time. However, its another system that takes time to set up. They take a bit to get used to, but the trick is to pan (left or right) most of the channels to get a good sound. Example, if a guitar is to your left then pan him in the left as well because a bit of his amp sound will come from that direction. Pan the drums, keys as well, but not the bass or lead vocals. If you leave the mix unpanned it sounds like one big mesh. I suggest the Future Sonics Atrio M5 earphones for bass=one large single driver not all that dual, triple, quad armatures that are good for singers, guitars etc.

9. pbass62

pbass62 Supporting Member

I use the same setup at our church aviom/ Future Sonics IEM into a Wi Audio digital wireless setup w Great results